Whitstable Biennale is part of Cement Fields, an umbrella organisation working across North Kent from Dartford to Whitstable.
We have gradually expanded our work beyond Whitstable over the last 10 years, working along the Thames Estuary where the river slowly becomes the sea. In April 2018 we joined Arts Council England’s National Portfolio, with a remit to work from Dartford to Whitstable. Our full programme over 2018 – 2022 includes:
· The tenth Whitstable Biennale festival, featuring screenings, live performances, sound works, events, talks and workshops
· Estuary 2020, a major international festival for the Thames Estuary, developed in collaboration with Metal, and presented in South Essex (Metal) and North Kent (Cement Fields) in September-October 2020
· Artists’ commissions and residencies exploring the Thames Estuary
· Long term projects with young people, current projects include GenZ in. Gravesend with artist Ania Bas
· Projects with schools, current projects include We chose the earth with artists Webb-Ellis, Northfleet School for Girls, and Northfleet Technology College
· Partnership projects, including England’s Creative Coast, led by Turner Contemporary, which will include a new work developed in collaboration for Gravesend – details announced in July 2019.
If you’d like to be kept up to date with our plans and programme please join our mailing list
or contact us at info[at]whitstablebiennale[dot]com